Spring Cleaning Baby Gear Storage Tips – Earth Day Baby Blog #3
Are you constantly assaulted by toy mines waiting to attack your feet at any moment as you meander through your own home?
Veteran TP Bethany Baker has a patented storage system that will both protect your soles, and teach your children about organization and tidiness.
- Yes Pile, No Pile – First minimize by getting rid of anything you or your children don’t use or doesn’t bring you joy.
- *Protip: If you are struggling to get rid of something for sentimental reasons take a picture of it. That way you can save it without it taking up any space.
- Sort it Out – Sort the stuff you’re keeping by item size so you know how much of each category and you can get the right sized container.
- Store it Well – Store smaller things in containers that stack securely on top of each other, or the green option: diaper boxes. They’re free and the boxes are smaller and easier to move around in storage.
- Clean it – It’s important to make sure everything is clean before you store it. We like Babyganics brand or similar organic cleaners for sanitizing toys and soft items.
- Have a System – Clear tubs you can see into without opening are great, but color coordinating categories with colored tubs is preferable for others.
- Document it – Label the tubs with a general category and then list the contents. For example, “Craft Supplies: paper, cutting utensils, adhesives, ribbon, stickers, popsicle sticks.”