BabyQuip At A Glance
BabyQuip is the leading baby gear service and branded multi-sided marketplace, providing traveling families with baby equipment they need to enjoy a home-like experience while staying at hotels, vacation rentals or private residences. The company leverages independent, gig economy baby gear rental entrepreneurs, called Quality Providers (QPs), who deliver, setup, pickup and clean, quality baby gear they own. QPs, mostly moms, build a business on the BabyQuip platform and receive insurance, ongoing coaching and business mentoring. They enjoy the flexibility of the work and develop entrepreneurial skills while helping families pack light and travel happy.
- Parents seeking easy, less stressful travel through crowded airports.
- Grandparents seeking quality gear for more enjoyable visits from their grandchildren.
- Families traveling together seeking a more at-home experience at their destinations.
- Businesses and event planners seeking baby gear to better serve their customers.
- Launched as Babierge in May 2016, the company changed its name to BabyQuip in July 2018.
- Almost 500 Independent Quality Providers (QPs) help families pack light while traveling to more than 400 destinations in the US and Canada.
- BabyQuip opens new markets weekly.
- BabyQuip has served over 25,000 orders, providing baby equipment, toys, diapers and much more to families from around the world.
- Strategic partners include HomeAway, Destination Hotels, Kid & Coe, and UrbanSitter.
- Typical orders include a full-size wooden crib, car seat, stroller and a large toy and book package.
- BabyQuip closed a $1.3 million seed round in April, 2018. Participating investors include Startup Capital Ventures, Quake Capital, Rostrum Capital, The GWC Innovator Fund and Stanford-StartX Fund.
- 525,000 Sleep-Like-A-Baby Hours - Total number of hours babies have slept in cribs and pack ‘n plays rented from BabyQuip.
- 3,000 Sudsy Smiles - Total number of baths taken in bathtubs, or with bath toy packages, rented on the BabyQuip.
- 285,000 Buckled-Up Vacay Miles - Total number of vacation miles children have traveled in car seats delivered by BabyQuip.
- 300,000 Once-Upon-A-Times - Total number of times children have read a book from a BabyQuip.
- 40,000 Family Miles Strolled - Total number of vacation miles little ones have enjoyed in strollers rented from BabyQuip.
Sunset Magazine Travel Awards 2018: Best Travel Hack for Parents
Red Herring: Top 100 North America Winner 2018
G-Startup Worldwide: Top 10 Startups, Silicon Valley 2017
Tech.co: Top 100 Startup of the Year Semi-Finalist 2017
“I can't recommend BabyQuip enough! Air travel with a 1 year old is stressful enough, so being able to not have to lug a stroller, pack n play, etc with us made everything much more relaxing!“ - Evelyn R., Brooklyn, NY
“Very convenient and super clean baby equipment! Heather met us at the airport for drop off and pickup which was key since we needed car seats for our infants.” - Caeleb M., Beaverton, OR
“I came to LA to visit my sister and was in a panic on what to do for all the needed items for my 1 1/2 year old! Well this service put all my worries to rest! They even delivered it to the doorstep of my sister’s home! Will HIGHLY recommend this to all my mommy friends who travel!! What a great service and experience! Took the stress out of traveling alone with a baby. THANK YOU!” - Talia G., Hialeah, FL
Numbers current as of July 2018.