Get Going Steps
The Big Picture
Start your own baby gear rental business today: work from home, earn extra income, join the collaborative economy, and bring joy to traveling families while serving a rapidly growing market.
Bonus - you’ll have fun! It will bring a smile to your face when you see how happy and relieved families are to receive their gear--and how especially happy kids are when you deliver toys!
As a BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) Independent Quality Provider you will delight traveling families by delivering clean, quality baby gear.
How We Help
We help you launch and market your business, drive sales to you through the BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) platform and mentor you as an entrepreneur. Best of all, we introduce you to a lively and supportive community of baby gear entrepreneurs who support you through your launch and help you grow your business. Sign Up
How Successful Can You Be?
To be honest, we aren’t sure how big this will get, but our goal is to build the leading baby gear rental marketplace in the world with help from entrepreneurs like you. We’re really optimistic! So far we’re seeing high demand for BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) in all our current markets. Really high in some markets!
How Does the Money Work?
As a Quality Provider you earn rental and consumables purchase fees (most Quality Providers sell diapers and a few other consumables), delivery fees and tips. You keep 81.5% of your rental and delivery fees. BabyQuip gets the other 18.5%. You keep 100% of your tips.
Why BabyQuip (formerly Babierge)?
Families want a more at-home like experience when they travel. That’s why Airbnb and Vrbo are so popular for vacation rentals. At the same time, airlines are charging big fees for checking baggage. Parents and grandparents rent gear at their vacation destination because it saves money, removes the hassle of trudging bulky gear through an airport, and helps them enjoy every minute of their family vacation. It’s all about the lasting happy memories.
Our Business Model
We believe the collaborative economy is the future. No Quality Provider gets exclusive rights to a market at BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) (because we’re not a franchise). We’re building something unique—thriving communities of local entrepreneurs—and it’s working. Quality Providers in the same market may share ideas, work together to fulfill large orders, or even cover for each other on vacations or emergencies. We can dedicate more marketing resources to busy markets. Growth in a market can be good for everyone.
BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) Quality Providers Are
- Friendly: We’re building a trusted, family brand. We believe in going the extra mile for our customers, always with a smile. You should, too.
- Autonomous: We’ll guide you through your launch, but you’ll select your own gear, set your rental and delivery prices and design your marketing strategy.
- Professional: You’ll need to be organized, focused, positive, reliable, and punctual. We always show up on time.
- Connected: Ideally, you post regularly on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. And you already know which mommy, parenting, and neighborhood groups you want to reach out to and grandparent groups too!
- Flexible: BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) is a startup. We hit both bumps in the road and wildly positive surprises. You will, too. We learn and adjust. It’s fun, exhilarating, and sometimes a bit unpredictable—generally in a good way.
- Entrepreneurial: You embrace the Gig Economy, know how to hustle up a business lead, network, and sell.
BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) is a Great Opportunity
Be a Pioneer
You join the ground floor of a fast growing startup.
Minimal sign-up expenses. You’ll spend $100 to start your insurance coverage and launch your website, and then you decide how much to invest in baby gear and local marketing.
Every Quality Provider receives insurance at our very affordable group rate.
You can start your business in a matter of days. We’re not kidding.
You’ll get guidance on how to select gear, go live, and market through your own social channels as well as on-going entrepreneurial support.
Get access to a massive growing customer audience through social media, search, public relations, national branding and local efforts.
You’ll join an active community of Independent Quality Providers who share tips, advice, and ideas every week. You’re not alone!
BabyQuip's (formerly Babierge) Platform Makes It Easy
- Simple, responsive, and mobile-friendly website showing your listings.
- Checkout and calendar functionality built-in.
- Admin area to manage your items and other custom listing settings.
- We handle payments and remit to you within days.
- See your reservations on your own Google calendar.
The Finer Details
- BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) is a part-time gig, providing additional income to those already working or to anyone seeking fun and engaging work that brings in extra money. It's even possible to be a Quality Provider in addition to your full-time work as long as you have flexibility.
- Stay-at-home parents and retired folks enjoy both the additional income and the camaraderie BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) offers.
- Set your own pricing, delivery areas, and fees.
- You keep 81.5% of your rental and delivery fees. BabyQuip gets the other 18.5%. You keep 100% of your tips.
- We also collect from you $100 your first month for admin and insurance. After your first month, you will pay for insurance if you make more than $250 in rental and delivery fees each month.
Payment Schedule for Insurance
Monthly Rental and Delivery Fees Insurance Cost < $250 $0 $250 - $499 $25 $500 - $999 $50 $1000 - $1499 $75 $1500 - $1999 $100 $2000 - $2499 $125 $2500 -$2999 $150 $3000 - $3499 $175 $3500 -$3999 $200 $4000 - $4499 $250
- You charge tax and remit tax per your state regulations.
- BabyQuip (formerly Babierge) also charges the end customer (the renter) a service fee of rental and delivery fees.
- Ethically use some traditional baby/kid expenses as business expenses.
- Earn additional income referring and helping other Quality Providers launch.