Powered by Quality Providers
BabyQuip is the leading baby gear service and marketplace connecting gig-economy entrepreneurs, called Quality Providers, with families traveling to their area or local grandparents hosting visiting grandchildren. Quality Providers rent, deliver and set up clean, quality baby gear they own at a family’s hotel, vacation rental or private residence, then return to pick it up on departure day.
An Army of (Mom) Entrepreneurs
Quality Providers are often moms with young children (although some are dads and retired folks), seeking a side gig that is enjoyable and meaningful. In about two weeks, they move through the BabyQuip application and training process to launch their own business on the BabyQuip platform. Quality Providers select the gear they want to rent and set their own prices and delivery fees. BabyQuip trains them in all aspects of the baby gear business, including gear safety, cleanliness, hospitality, sales and marketing.
Quality Providers & Compensation
- Get paid about 2 business days after a reservation is made; this means new Quality Providers can list gear on the BabyQuip platform, but purchase it only after getting paid for an order.
- Receive 80% of their platform rental revenue and delivery fees and 100% of their tips after a small processing fee.
- Pay for commercial general liability insurance.
- On average receive over $500/month plus tips, second only to Airbnb hosts for gig economy income. Some earn several thousand dollars most months.
- An estimated hourly rate of over $40 is one of the best rates in the gig economy.
Collaboration and Community
Quality Providers are solo entrepreneurs who benefit from the insight and experience of over 500 baby gear rental entrepreneurs. Questions about baby gear, marketing, sales and the best tools/apps for running their businesses get answered quickly through weekly video conference meetings, drop-in office hours and participation in a lively and supportive private Facebook Mastermind community. Quality Providers commonly collaborate on large orders in their market, so no one Quality Provider has to maintain large inventory levels. In the BabyQuip community, we value authenticity, a positive attitude, diversity and constant support for each other.